seeking help on iptable/netfilter and X protocol

I have been successfully using X protocol across an
ipchains gateway. I am trying to move to iptables.
Finally ,and thanks to some help that I got at this
forum, everything is working smoothly except for X.

I am bypassing masquerading when my source/destination
are the X client/server so that I can use my
non-masqed ip address for the 'display' parameter of
say xterm application. Could anyone tell me if
iptables
does or does not supports X.

Thanks
Reuven