Re: Performance Decrease

On Wed, 2003-05-07 at 02:24, Shawn Mall wrote:
I am running iptables version 1.2.2 -- This has never been an issue until I have begun to do some bandwidth intensive stuff. I also had a friend of mine point this out as well...

There seems to be a huge performance decrease when using iptables. I am not sure where the bottleneck is occuring. My friend has a 3Mbit/sec pipe, was getting about 500kb/sec on average, and since implenting iptables, is only receiving about 50kb/sec. That is a huge decrease. Can anybody point out what is going wrong?

Thanks,
Shawn
HI

What bandwidth intessive stuff you have done? I have not heard so far that using iptables will reduce the bandwidth!
:)
--
Regards
Dharmendra.T

This message is intended for the addressee only. It may contain privileged or Confidential information. If you have received this message in error,please notify the sender and destroy the message immediately.Unauthorised use or reproduction of this message is strictly prohibited.