no route to host on port 80

Hi --

I'm trying to allow outside access to my linux box on port 80.  However,
  when I try to connect (using a web browser, or telnet) the connection
is not created.  When I use telnet and specify port 80 I get a "no route
to host" error.  I've experimented with my firewall by completely
removing all rules from all chains, but the connection can still not be
made.  I can establish connections on all other ports except 80!  Can
anyone help me?

Thanks.