Re: Filtering Yahoo Messenger Port

just block all the connection to yahoo msg server:

scs-fooa.yahoo.com
scs-foob.yahoo.com
scs-fooc.yahoo.com
scs-food.yahoo.com
scs-fooe.yahoo.com
scs-foof.yahoo.com

that is the list I got so far,  I am rejecting the connection to those
servers after my DNS chain rules so when we put the servers name instead of
ip address, it can resolve all the ip address to that server.

if you just want to block certain range of ip from the LAN, check the lates
patch-o-matic for iptables.

http://www.netfilter.org/

regards.
JW