limit match log question

If you are using the limit match to control the number of log entries, is
there any way to also show the number of matches?  Something like syslog's
ability to combine repeated events into 'last message repeated 2318 times'.
  For example, if I limit logging of a match to 1 per 5 seconds to avoid
log flooding, I can't easily tell if I'm dropping 1 packet per 5 seconds
or 1000.  Or is there some option or patch to do this that I just haven't
noticed?

Frank

-- Frank Smith fsmith@xxxxxxxxxxx Systems Administrator Voice: 512-374-4673 Hoover's Online Fax: 512-374-4501