Re: How to block a range of IPs?

You can  use the tool at http://subnetcreator.sourceforge.net/ to easily
determine which subnets are contained in your IP address range.  The
same logic is being built into the iptables+ management tool being
developed in http://iscs.sourceforge.net/ .  However,even better,it
appears there is a patch available in patch-o-matic that allows one to
enter a range directly in iptables.  I haven't tried it yet but hope to
do so soon to replace that logic in ISCS.  Good luck - John

On Sun, 2003-04-27 at 10:06, netfilter-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
wrote:
> --__--__--
>
> Message: 4
> From: "Afshin Lamei" <linux_st@xxxxxxxxxxx>
> To: netfilter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: How to block a range of IPs?
> Date: Sun, 27 Apr 2003 10:41:54 +0430
>
> Hi,
> How can I write a rule for a custom range of IPs? for example, I want to
> block every WWW packet incoming from eth1, which source is an IP between
> 192.168.1.10 and 192.168.1.20.
> please help me writing an example.
> thank you
> afshin

John A. Sullivan III
Chief Technology Officer
Nexus Management
+1 207-985-7880
john.sullivan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
---
If you are interested in helping to develop a GPL enterprise class
VPN/Firewall/Security device management console, please visit
http://iscs.sourceforge.net