Re: netmeeting (incoming and outgoing connection)

On Mon, 2003-04-28 at 01:35, Patrick Kwan wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm using iptables NAT to allow lan client to access internet.
> if i patch my kernel with netfilter's POM and load the required
> H323 modules.
>
> I want to confirm if h323 modules also allow "Incoming connection"
> to Netmeeting in internal lan client?

If you're talking about a new connection being initiated, then it's the
same as with any other NAT situation - you have to explicitly DNAT new
incoming connections to a local IP if you want them to reach a
particular target.  Otherwise they will end up in the INPUT chain,
destined for the firewall/nat box itself.  As long as you only need
incoming NEW state connections to reach a single client, just add a DNAT
rule to nat PREROUTING to handle them. If you need multiple internal
clients to be able to receive NEW connections from outside the network,
you have a problem.  (however, you would anyway, regardless of
firewall/NAT solution - this is a limit imposed by the nature of NAT
itself, not netfilter)