Re: Match DF ( Don´t Fragment) bit

On Wed, 23 Apr 2003, Mathias Sundman wrote:

> If a mashine on LocalNet1 sends full size packets (1500b)
> to a mashine on LocalNet2, it will exceed 1500 bytes
> when it´s encrypted and sent over the internet. These packets
> will then be fragmented. This is fine as long as the fragments
> gets through...
How about using -j TCPMSS --clamp-mss-to-pmtu
or setting mtu to a lower value to avoid fragmentation ?

> That seemed to do the trick, but I´d like to do this only if the
> original packet had the DF flag set, so my question is, is it
> possible to check whether the DF flag is set or not?
AFAIK there are no matches like that, but writing one would be very easy.
I can do it for you if you are desperate.

Though i am not a networking / bridging guru, i belive there must be a way
to solve your problem without clever netfilter tricks.

Regards,
Maciej