Re: I would like to disallow popups with iptables how can I accomplish that?

Use Mozilla, Safari, Konqueror, Galeon, or Opera instead of Internet Explorer :)

AFAIK, there's no good way to block popup ads using iptables. You can make a blacklist and manually add each pop-up company to it using -s l33t.popupz.adserver.com -j DROP or something, but that seems pretty cumbersome, and you will still have the windows opening - just nothing will fill them.

Alternatively, you can use a filtering proxy such as squidGuard, but again you will still have the windows opening. You're better off just using a browser whose developers aren't as hamstrung by marketing departments as IEs.

Mike