Modprobe .

I recently patched my kernel and all went well with POM. After I recompiled
it and rebooted, I didn't see the module on lsmod, so I tried insmod which
responded with and "module not found" error.
I looked in the /lib/modules and saw the module was not compiled. (.c file)
when the other patch was compiled ok. (.o) file.
What would cause a patch not to compile? I checked the source and saw the
#include lines and all the files are where is suggest it should be, though
running gcc (lack of anything better to do) responds with file or directory
not found errors. Is there a PATH that needs to be set up to get this
working?
I am using RH 7.2 Kernel 2.4.20,  IPTables 2.2.7a, the module is
ip_nat_cuseeme.c.

Kev