Gaming Server Woes

Hi all,

I purchased a Quad Xeon server to start hosting games over the
internet.  I've got basic rules in place for surfing the net, etc., but
opening ports for directx and gaming in general is a real trial.  I
checked the IPmasq website, but it is horribly outdated.  I'd rather not
use dmz as I want the server to be mostly an insecure gaming machine
behind the firewall.

Are there any sites out there up to date with regards to specific
iptables rules to host games through the firewall?  For starters, I'm
looking for Neverwinter Nights, UT2003, and Counter-strike.  But I would
like to host just about everything under the sun.

What are people doing these days in regards to gaming to effectively
game through an iptables based firewall?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thank You!

Bret