Re: about yahoo messenger and http download

Hello,
chammy wrote:

Does any one can provide tip & hints, how to block the yahoo messenger and http downlaod, the mainly problem of yahoo messenger is can not block "all block"
yahoo mesenger default is 5050, if not avaiable will scan 80 , we can not stop 80 cause we need to www service and the http download is same problem
thanks a lot

I suppose you can try this::
in your router ( of course if it's possible) you can run proxy server as squid. Then you can mane transparent proxy, redirecting transparently from 80 port to squid port. Squid understands only http and ftp requesrs. Kazaa and others over 80 port won't work. I've tested this and it really works.
I don't know, but I think that yahoo messenger will do the same.

Bye,
Paul