RE: T-Pot (TCP HoneyPot) idea

I'm not terribly well versed in the various flag settings during session
setup and tear down, however this doesn't seem likely to be very effective.
The end result would probably just be a lot more traffic on your own little
connection to the Internet.  Or worse, someone could figure out what you're
doing and flood you with SYN packets with spoofed source addresses.  It may
not effect the resources on your firewall (assuming your not keeping the
connection state) but others sure won't appreciate getting a bunch of
SYN-ACK packets from you;)