Re: "connection tracking" and "Connection state"?

On Tuesday 01 April 2003 08:18 pm, SB CH wrote:
> Hello, all.
>
> connection tracking(stateful inspection) has a relation with this
> menu(make config)?
>
> "Connection tracking match support"
>
> But when I deselect this menu, I can use connection tracking like
> NEW,ESTABLISHED,RELATED  etc.
> I think that only "Connection state match support" menu is required to
> use this function.
>
> then what is the function and meaning of the "Connection tracking
> match support"?

As I just found out (Thanks Martin Josefsson!) there is available a
conntrack match.  It lets you match more than the three conntrack states
you mentioned - you can match conntrack status like ASSURED, SEEN_REPLY,
etc, as well as 'states' SNAT and DNAT (matches packets which have been
SNATted or DNATted) and also match the original pre-SNAT/pre-DNAT IPs.

http://netfilter.org/documentation/HOWTO//netfilter-extensions-HOWTO-3.html#ss3.3