need some help solving problem

Hi!

I currently have a rule in my iptables firewall script like this:

iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -p tcp -s 1.2.3.4 --dport http -j DNAT --to 5.6.7.8:80

This successfully "redirects" a client trying to go to www.somewhere.com and sends
them to a web site on my webserver, and displays the default web page for that web
site.  This works fine.  However, this happens on every request from the client.  Is
there a way to have the prerouting happen only once, and then not happen after
that?  I'd like to redirect them to a web page that contains news or important
imformation.  Once they've visited this page, I'd like for them to not see it again until
later (if ever).  I was looking at the "-m recent" extension, but I'm not sure if this will
work.

Any ideas/suggestions?

many thanks,
mack