Re: Urgent Help needed.... please.

On Sun, 30 Mar 2003 07:45:09 +0200 (CEST),
Sven Koch <haegar@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
<Pine.LNX.4.50.0303300742500.3375-100000@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> On Sat, 29 Mar 2003, Steve Quartly wrote:
>
> > Yes, cleaning the system was my next priority, however
> > I thought it necessary to secure the machine first as
> > I didn't want to go through all this again, in case it
> > happened again before I had a working firewall.
>
> First thing to do before putting a new machine into the wild:
> Install all available security updates!

.._meanwhile_, set up a temporary box with for example
ipcop-1.2.0, find it over at http://ipcop.org/ .

..this will not do stateful firewalling if you need that, but
we also have people using stateful 1.3betas in businesses out
there.

  Scenarios always come in sets of three: