Re: Windows file sharing over different subnets

On the other hand, WINS has some advantages over lmhosts: it is dynamic
and your dhcp server can instruct the clients to use the wins server
instead of sending out broadcasts (add an "option netbios-node-type 2"
statement to your dhcpd configuration file; see man dhcp-options).

You may find some way to route broadcast traffic, but that way lies
madness...

-Richard

do netbios over tcp/ip peering instead of broadcasts