Re: IP TOS based routing

On Thursday 27 March 2003 08:32, Simone Leggio wrote:
> At the moment I have a test network where I send traffic from host A to
> host B generating it with a proper traffic generator (for example MGEN),
> which allows also to set the DS (or IP TOS) field.
> Does iptables understand the value set before with the traffic generator
> or I have to set the field with the mangle table?
> What I was thinking to type to discriminate the output interface was:
>
> iptables -A FORWARD -p tcp -m tos --tos TOS -o INTERFACE -j ACCEPT
>
> With TOS equal to the value set by the traffic generator. Would it work?

Hi Simone,

Ensure that you have one routing table for each interface, then use the
command:

$ip rule add fwmark x table y

Then add a mangle entry in your prerouting table, which looks at the tos you
wish to match:

$iptables -t mangle -A PREROUTING -p tcp -m tos --tos TOS -j MARK --set-mark x

That should hopefully do it. The script for copying your routing table is
available in the link: http://linux-ip.net/html/adv-multi-internet.html.

hope this helps

/Kim