Re: IP TOS based routing

Kim Jensen wrote:
> On Tuesday 25 March 2003 09:51, Simone Leggio wrote:

>>I'd like to know whether it is possible, and if so how, with traffic
>>control to set filters so that packets with TOS 46 are sent to host B
>>via eth0 and packets with TOS 26 via eth1.

> Hi Simone,
>
> Try to use the mangle table to mark your packets which match a specific TOS,
> and then add a second routing table with the alternative default connection.
> That should work. You can find more info on:
>
> http://linux-ip.net/html/adv-multi-internet.html
> http://www.ssi.bg/~ja/nano.txt
>
> /Kim

Hi Kim,

thanks for the answer.
At the moment I have a test network where I send traffic from host A to host B generating it with a proper traffic generator (for example MGEN), which allows also to set the DS (or IP TOS) field.
Does iptables understand the value set before with the traffic generator or I have to set the field with the mangle table?
What I was thinking to type to discriminate the output interface was:

iptables -A FORWARD -p tcp -m tos --tos TOS -o INTERFACE -j ACCEPT

With TOS equal to the value set by the traffic generator. Would it work?

Simone.