H/A Linux Firewall Cluster

Hello,

we plan to use Netfilter/IPTables to build a firewall for our heavy loaded
eCommerce-Plattform. Basically this should be two Linux-Firewalls, running
in a High-Availability mode. Each firewall will have four Gigabit network
interfaces (Internet, DMZ, Trusted Network, H/A-Link). In total, the
firewalls have to handle about 400 Mbps of IP traffic and around 60.000 -
70.000 simultaneously connections. Our ruleset will have around 40 - 80
rules, and the Connection-Tracking (stateful inspection) should be enabled.

Does anybody have experiences with iptables firewalls of this size? Is the
Netfilter code able to handle this amount of traffic on current
i386-plattform machines? Which hardware and how much RAM do I need?

It would be nice, if somebody could give me some hints.

Thanks,

Markus