Re: Unusual routing problem

Hi Benjamin,

I have recently been playing with the same thing, and have a still unanswered
question regarding the possibility to combine MASQUERADING with NAT!

Anyway, if you keep things down to a simple level, then all you have to do is
create a second routing table (copy), and then add a fwmark rule to to tell
the routing system, that the second table should be used when the mark is
matched.

In your iptables, you mark all packets which are bound for your secondary
route. While the default set up will ensure that you have all packets running
through normally.

Ip routing rule:
$ ip rule add fwmark xxx table yyy

in iptables:
$ iptables -t mangle -A PREROUTING [conditions] -j MARK --set-mark xxx

Hopes this helps. However, if you manage to set up your system with working
masquerading & natting, please give me a hint - I'm completely stuck and are
currently resolving to using aliasing!

/Kim