FTP server

I have an ftp server that I am using iptables for host-based firewall
(no routing).  I set it up with LOG at the end of the rules and a DROP
policy on INPUT.  Last week I could contact it from my desktop (RedHat
8.0) via command line or Mozilla with no problem.   I came in this
morning a people could not list the directory , no PASV connections were
being accepted.  The connection attempts showed in the log .   Below is
my rule set:
where xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx is the ftp server address.  xx.xx.xx.xx is
subnet/host for various items. What am I doing wrong?  Active
connections work, but not passive.
Chain INPUT (policy DROP)
ACCEPT     udp  --  <name server>  xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx        udp spt:domain
DROP       udp  --  anywhere             anywhere           udp
dpt:netbios-ns
ACCEPT     icmp --  anywhere             xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx        icmp
echo-request
ACCEPT     icmp --  anywhere             xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx       state
RELATED,ESTABLISHED
ACCEPT     tcp  --  anywhere             xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx        state
NEW,ESTABLISHED tcp dpt:ftp
ACCEPT     tcp  --  xx.xx.xx.xx/xx         xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx        tcp
dpt:ssh
ACCEPT     tcp  --  xx.xx.xx.xx/xx        xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx        tcp
dpt:ssh
ACCEPT     tcp  --  xx.xx.xx.xx          xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx        tcp
dpt:ssh
ACCEPT     tcp  --  ftp.tic.toshiba.com  ftp.tic.toshiba.comtcp spt:smtp
ACCEPT     tcp  --  10.0.112.32          xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx        tcp
dpt:ssh
ACCEPT     tcp  --  10.0.112.32          xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx        tcp
spt:1984
ACCEPT     tcp  --  anywhere             xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx        state
RELATED,ESTABLISHED
ACCEPT     tcp  --  anywhere             xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx        tcp
spt:time
LOG        all  --  anywhere             anywhere           LOG level
warning

Chain FORWARD (policy ACCEPT)

Chain OUTPUT (policy ACCEPT)

Chris D. Garringer