Re: FORWARD in/out VS. states

Unless you're using NAT, you shouldnt need ip_conntrack

Just use a simple rule such as:

$IPT -A FORWARD -d 2.2.2.0/24 -p tcp --syn -j DROP
$IPT -A FORWARD -d 2.2.2.0/24 -p udp -j DROP

This will allow traffic back in to connections established from 2.2.2.0/24
but now allow external connections to establish any _new_ connections to
2.2.2.0/24