RE: Using heartbeat for fall over on IPTables Firewall

a few more reasons:

3)  faster takeover;

4)  "guaranteed persistence routing path" (from keepalived.org) -  the
famous  sync_groups

5) interface flags monitoring (through VRRP framework);

6) etc;

7) etc;

IMHO, heartbeat is great for applications servers such as DBs, web servers,
(using) shared disks,  etc.  For routers, firewalls or load balancers,
keepalived rulez.

Read the documentation at web site...

Forster

Steve Mickeler <steve@xxxxxxxxxx> on 03/17/2003 07:08:26 PM