Is it possible connecting to a forwarded port from inside the network?

Hello,

I'm using iptables on a RedHat 8.0 box to do firewalling and port
forwarding. The port-forwarding works perfectly when accessed from outside
my internal networks.   However, I cannot access the forwarded ports from
inside the network.

I tried to use two IP addresses to do this. That is, I have public IP
addresses a.b.c.x and a.b.c.y both assigned to my Internet facing eth0; I
use a.b.c.x for SNAT and a.b.c.y for DNAT port forwarding (a.b.c.y:80 is
forwarded to an internal host port 80); from the Internet a.b.c.y:80 works
ok, but I still cannot access a.b.c.y:80 from any of my internal box.

This setup worked before with ipchains + ipvsadmin on Redhat 6.2.

I'd appreciate any suggestions.

Jiwei