Re: off topic: routing question

On Mon, Mar 10, 2003 at 01:59:52PM -0500, Aldo S. Lagana wrote:
> How do I (using iproute2, etc.) get one linux gateway to forward packets
> to another linux gateway based on port?

The simplest solution would be maybe fwmark:

# Mark all 80/tcp traffic with 0x42
iptables -t mangle -A PREROUTING -p tcp --dport 80 -j MARK --set-mark 0x42
# Create new routingtable with new default-route where $NEW_GW is IP of
# gateway
ip route add default via $NEW_GW table 42
# Now force marked traffic to use this brandnew routingtable
ip rule add fwmark 0x42 lookup table 0x42

> I just want to do policy based routing by port to another router.  I've
> read the Advanced Routing HOWTO and I cannot find the answer there -
> please someone enlighten me!

Hope this illuminates you :)

Alex.

--
"Mr Data, when I said 'Fire at Will', I didn't mean for you to be so literal."
Instructions for use of this post: Insert tounge in cheek. Read as normal.