Re: Unassigned Networks List

Just something of interest I ran into the other day with a client.  We
moved them to a new building, and setup their new wireless connection,
and for the life of me couldn't ping their provider, but everyone else.
It seems their provider is using 172 and 10.x addresses for their
wireless towers, and gateways to the internet.  So if I traceroute to
the client I get public -> public -> private -> private -> private ->
public.  It didn't work going out from the client at first because we
drop all reserved addresses on the public NIC of the firewall, so we
couldn't ping the provider.  I subsequently got in an "discussion" with
their CTO about RFC 1918 on how it's probably not good to be using
private IP's to route public traffic, at least IMHO.

Dan