Re: Start Up Script

I put a collection of bash scripts (containing all my iptables and ip and other configuration commands) in a unique directory that I can use at bootup.  I have a shorter bash script that invokes those specific bash scrips from the startup process.

Specifically, at /etc/rc.d/rc2.d/ (and at .../rc3.d/..., .../rc4.d/... and .../rc5.d/...) I have a script named S11dwt that contains the following commands:

#!/bin/bash

        pushd . &>/dev/null

        cd /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/DWT

        bash Kernel
        bash Firewall
        bash NICs
        bash Routes

        popd &>/dev/null

The four referenced scripts set certain Kernel configuration parameters, setup the Firewall iptables chains, enable the NICs, and then establish the Routes.

Hope this helps...most Linux documentation is written for people who already know how to do things, so it can be hard to ferret out simple things like this.

--Carol Anne

Carol Anne Ogdin http://www.net-working.com 530/295-3657
Deep Woods Technology, Inc. http://www.deepwoods.com CAOgdin@deepwoods.com
Leveraging technology to restore the soul of the organization

Message: 2