Rule matchup in iptables

	Hello

	I have a iptables based firewall, with 5 gigabit ethernet
adapters and almost 8000 rules (ouch!). This is a "test bed", (still) not a
production enviroment

	I can see delays in traffic when crosses the firewall
(miliseconds). I want to optimize the firewall rules (we use a LOT of
VoIP) , so this is my question: Is there any way to know when a packet matches a rule?
-j LOG is not feasible (thousands of packets per second). I want something like this:

Last two hours:

Rule 1: 15000 hits, 150 megabytes
Rule 2: 3500 hits, 34 megabytes
Rule 3: 9675 hits, 2 megabytes
ad infinitum...

	Other question? How can I test iptables rules? In ipchains I
could try them, but with iptables do I have to generate fake traffic?

	Thank you for your support.