RE: Deny all but certain Websites

To everyone that replied to my initial post (see below) -
thank you!

Using bits from a number of replies I was able to find the
answer to denying IP addresses to the Internet as a whole
but allowing said internal nodes to specific places on the
web.
The final syntax I used was:

iptables -A PREROUTING -t nat -s 192.168.1.100/24 -d
a.pub.lic.ip -p tcp --dport 80 -j ACCEPT
iptables -A PREROUTING -t nat -s 192.168.1.100/24 -d 0/0 -p
tcp --dport 80 -j DROP

I think a number of the other posts were also correct but my
firewall was somewhat customized :)
I especially liked the one about using Squid instead - glad
to see people can think outside the "list"!

Appreciate the help.

Regards,

Jim

----------------------------------
Jim Robinson
> Sent: Wednesday, February 26, 2003 3:55 AM
> To: netfilter@lists.netfilter.org
> Subject: Deny all but certain Websites
>

> Hi,
>
> I am trying to write a rule to allow certain IP addresses
on
> the inside of my firewall (NAT) to only connect to 1 or 2
IP
> ranges on the internet.  I have tried without success to
find
> some examples online and have played with some rules but
> without much success.
>
> Does anyone have any ideas on this?  Your help very much
appreciated.