question about iptables

Hi,

I have a question about the use of iptables. I am working on a project in which I have to capture packets. Does iptables allow non-obtrusive packet capture? For example, if there is a router between A and B and when I send a packet from A to B, the router is supposed to make a copy of the packet going through it and send that copy to another node, say C without altering the packet going to B. So in effect the packet becomes two at the router and one goes to C and the original one goes to B. Is there provision in iptables to do such a thing? Also, can I capture packets based on the data fields inside the packet rather than on the fields in the packet header? If so, please let me know how. Any response would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Subramoni Padmanabhan
G-126, 700 woodland avenue
Lexington, Kentucky 40508
Phone : 859 323 9405