Re: Problem with string (remove References-line in mailhead)

On Thursday 27 February 2003 08:48 am, Magnus Solvang wrote:
> Quoting hare ram (hareram@sol.net.in):
> | Hi all
>
> Please remove the "References"-line in the mailheader when
> replying to someone elses mail while changing the topic.
>
> This new thread is sorted under a thread I started now
> (lan users surfing on lan webserver), and I first thought
> it was an answer to my question(s).
>
> You should have removed this line (my linebreak):

> - M

Not a particularly helpful suggestion, as most people do not manually
edit headers, nor even have the ability to do so.  Not with most email
client software, and certainly not with Outlook Express, which was used
to send the message you complain about.  Mutt and OE are worlds apart.

More helpful would be to suggest NOT using "reply" and then changing the
subject, since that is VERY likely how that field ended up in the header
of his message.