Re: how to block kazaa ?

On Wed, 26 Feb 2003 09:44:33 +0700,
<inghau@perkom.co.id> wrote in message
<003d01c2dd40$fe922030$210aa8c0@sabirin>:

> hello
>
> i have some problems in my lan environment. most of my clients using
> kazaa to dowmload mp3 and mpg files. these progams eating most of my
> small bandwidth so can i put some rules to "block" these kazaa and
> other p2p program ?
>
> right now my linux boxes is just act as very simple NAT router using
> iptables
>

> thank you very much

..'iptables -A FORWARD -p tcp -m tcp -i eth1 --dport $kaaza-ports \
-j REJECT', or expand it to 'iptables -A FORWARD -p tcp -m tcp -m \
multiport- d$destination -i eth1 -j REJECT --dports $kaaza-ports'

..ditto for other protocols.  Instead of "REJECT", there is also
DROP, MIRROR, and my favorite, TARPIT, in Patch-o-matic.

  Scenarios always come in sets of three: