Re: Port Forwarding for port 25 (again...)

Quoting Joel Newkirk (netfilter@newkirk.us):
[...]
| > But a telnet to the old, external ip-address of the mailserver
| > just hangs (untill it returns a "No route to host".
|
| Which sums it up pretty accurately, I suspect.  If the firewall has an
| external IP x.y.z.49, then it will handle traffic to that IP.  If the MX
| (or your telnet test) points to x.y.z.34, then the upstream router will
| be looking for something that responds to _that_ IP.  If it cannot find
| anything using that IP, then there is no route.

Hm... A logical error, in other words. *must* *get* *sleep* *now*...
Somehow I thought that the firewall would notice the connection attempt
from the router, and would be able to redirect the query from there.

| Presuming that x.y.z
| are the same in both cases, you may get the results you want with:
|
| ifconfig eth0:1 add x.y.z.34

I have it working now, thanks to you :)

- M