Re: [netfilter-core] IPTables...

On Tue, Feb 18, 2003 at 06:39:45PM +0200, Michael Lawford wrote:
> Hi There,

Hi!

> I have a RaQ550 server that runs iptables.  The other day i logged in and
> got 1000+ of the following message from my server.

Please read http://www.netfilter.org/contact.html... I am sure you can
understand that the development team of a volunteer project can not
provide individual enduser support.

Apart from this, I cannot see how iptables should be involved with your
problem.  Maybe you should contact the vendor of your particular
product.

> And I keep getting these little error messages every 2 or 3 minutes...  Now
> my network and UUNet guys tell me that it is IPTables that is trying to
> resolve to their main DNS server.  They have checked the settings and all

DNS resolving is done unsing UDP, your errors were about ICMP.

--
- Harald Welte <laforge@netfilter.org>             http://www.netfilter.org/