Re: strange log entries concerning mail server

Hi Willi,

thanks for your answer.

http://www.iptables.org/documentation/tutorials/blueflux/iptables-tutorial.html#NEWNOTSYN
> (The paragraph with "..bad Microsoft TCP/IP implementations.." )
> This *could* be the problem as long as your machine makes outgoing
> sessions to these ports

The mail server doesn't make outgoing connections to these ports (I think, I
should have noticed it, because I have a DROP policy).Additionally, as I
understand in your cited part of the  netfilter manual, only microsoft products
have these problems. My mail server is a qmail on linux 2.4.20. Maybe there are
any other ideas? I would be thankful...

Regards
Kurt Tragant

Arcor-DSL Flatrate - jetzt kostenlos einsteigen und bis zu 76,18 Euro sparen!
Arcor-DSL gibt es jetzt auch mit bis zu 1500 Mbit/s Downstream! http://www.angebot.arcor.net/cgi-bin/angebot.cgi?key=b13e92247022