RE: newbie problem

On Mon, 2003-02-17 at 19:49, Eugene Joubert wrote:
> Is your webserver on your firewall?
>
> Also I would suggest moving your webserver to another server behind your
> firewall.
> Just my 5 cents.

The firewall is on the web server yes. Future plans dictate that we will
be purchasing new machines for a dedicated firewall and web server, etc
but right now we have to make do with 1 machine.

> PS:
> You could also set your OUTPUT Policy to default ACCEPT, but if your really
> paranoid then just make it DROP

Its is set to DROP because i am paranoid :) I'm so paranoid i was hoping
to get away with just the 2 rules in the table, one for web in and one
for web out but as Joel Newkirk pointed out i need to allow some other
"related" packets to traverse as well.

thanks for your help :)