standby port at the bridge firewall ?

Hello, all.

I would like to set standby switch like this.
So if a main switch is down, I would like to service with standby switch instead of main switch.
(traffic using only main switch and just connects with standby switch at normal state)
and I connected main switch with eth0, Sub switch with eth1,
and additionally connects standby switch with eth2 at the bridge firewall.

Main Switch Standby Switch | |
| |
---------------------------

Bridge Firewall

Sub Switch

Then, How can I change this brctl script?

### pre configuration just using eth0 and eth1
brctl addbr br0
brctl stp br0 off
brctl addif br0 eth0
brctl addif br0 eth1
ifconfig eth0 down
ifconfig eth1 down
ifconfig eth0 0.0.0.0 promisc up
ifconfig eth1 0.0.0.0 promisc up
ifconfig br0 211.1.1.1 promisc up
route add default gw 211.1.1.1

should do I change like this to us standby switch?
Will it works well?
doesn't do loop?

## modified configuration using eth0, eth1 and eth2.

brctl addbr br0
brctl stp br0 off
brctl addif br0 eth0
brctl addif br0 eth1