From: Paulo J. Matos [mailto:pocm@mega.ist.utl.pt]
Sent: Sunday, February 16, 2003 6:55 PM
To: Khanh Tran; netfilter@lists.netfilter.org
Subject: Re: Command not working in latest version

> You may not have all of the proper elements compiled into your kernel.
Try:

> http://www.e-infomax.com/ipmasq/howto/c-html/ipmasq-compiling3.1.html

Hi Khanh,

I've compiled the kernel specifically like they said in your reference
except those new options of 2.4.20 but still I get 'Invalid Arguments' from
iptables 1.2.7a. What's Full NAT in kernel config, is that useful for
iptables?

I've run the line:
# iptables -v -t nat -A POSTROUTING -o eth1 -j SNAT --to 217.129.146.56
SNAT all opt -- in * out eth1 0.0.0.0/0 -> 0.0.0.0/0 to:217.129.146.56
iptables: Invalid Argument

This is indeed strange. Do you have any idea of what could I do now?

Is there any other iptables command line with the same outcome?

Best regards,

Paulo