From: Daniel Wittenberg [mailto:daniel-wittenberg@starken.com]
Sent: Saturday, February 15, 2003 3:05 PM
To: Khanh Tran
Subject: Re: module performance

Linux kernel modules are not supposed to suffer any performance
difference when loaded dynamically or statically.  It applies to any
module (because of the way they are loaded), so you are good just doing
the modules.  Using statically built kernel's without module support is
better for security, but a PITA to upgrade.

Dan