Re: lifecycle of a packet (OT)

Hi Anders,

Sorry for rather late reply... I'm still trying to catch up to all of
these damn mails unfortunately. I will try to be a little bit more
responsive in the future.

On Fri, 10 Jan 2003, Anders Fugmann wrote:

> Oskar Andreasson wrote:
> > *shudder* that's an old version/site:). However, I have had so many
> > problems with different hosts the last half year, I am not surprised
> > people give out those old links. All of that was, hopefully, fixed when I
> > moved to my own domain, so here it is:
> >
> > http://iptables-tutorial.frozentux.net/iptables-tutorial.html
>
> As old version are still spread all over the net, I would suggest that
> you somehow try and get owners of old versions to remove these, or at
> least give link to the original version. I do remember that you made a
> post of the whereabouts of the new tutorial, but thats several hundres
> emails ago.

Definitely agreed, the only problem is that some people just throw the
tutorial up on a page, and don't tell me about it. And others again simply
ignore it when I try to contact them. For example, I've tried making
netfilter.org changing their links for the last 3-4 months without any
replies. It's very unfortunate:/.

I will make a little bit of an effort right now to make people provide
links to the "official" site straight away though, we'll see what they
say.

> Btw. Thanks for a great tutorial. Keep up the good work.

Ah.. no problem really, just trying to do my part for the greater good:)

--
----
Oskar Andreasson