help..... pleeaseeee

hello everybody

i ''m having problem accessing FTP sites on the net through my linux firewall

here is what happened when i'm connecting using ftp command from win2k prompt
ftp> open
To 202.xxx.xx.xxx
Connected to 202.xxx.xxx.xxx.
220 flsvr Microsoft FTP Service (Version 5.0).
User (202.xxx.xx.xxx.:(none)): xxx
331 Password required for amon.
Password:
230-Welcome To FlSvr Perkom FTP Site
230 User xxx logged in.
ftp> ls
500 Invalid PORT Command.
150 Opening ASCII mode data connection for file list.
    (then the connection seems to hang out..)

and then when i'm using windows explorer to open the ftp
the error is :
--FTP Folder Error--
An error occured opening that folder on the FTP server, make sure you have permission to access that folder
Details :
200 Type set to A.
500 Invalid PORT command
500 "LPRT 6,16,0,0,0,00,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,9,4......':command not understood

        BUT  if i'm using WS-FTP here is the log file.
ftp> open
To 202.169.39.132
Connected to 202.169.39.132.
220 flsvr Microsoft FTP Service (Version 5.0).
User (202.169.39.132:(none)): amon
331 Password required for amon.
Password:
230-Welcome To FlSvr Perkom FTP Site
230 User amon logged in.
ftp> ls
500 Invalid PORT Command.
150 Opening ASCII mode data connection for file list.

some of my friend told me that because WS-FTP support "passive transfer mode" so the program can connect through the firewall. Which is not supported if i'm using FTP ftom command or windows explorer
is there any one can tell me what did i miss on my firewall rules ?
can someone give me a clue ??

thanks

inghau