Re: Display rulenum

On Sun, Jan 26, 2003 at 06:59:20PM +0530, harish.k@lntinfotech.com wrote:
> How do I make iptables list the rule numbers along with the rules?
> The -L option lists the rules, not the actual rule numbers. This will be
> helpful where there are a *lot* of rules in a particular chain.

root@jimblewix:~;
14:00:06 0$ iptables --help | grep line
  --line-numbers                print line numbers when listing
root@jimblewix:~;
14:00:18 0$ iptables -L --line-numbers
Chain INPUT (policy DROP)
num  target     prot opt source               destination
1    acctin     all  --  anywhere             anywhere
2    acctio     all  --  anywhere             anywhere
<etc>

-Ath
--
- Athanasius = Athanasius(at)miggy.org / http://www.miggy.org/