Re: Question on ICMP

Hi folks,

I am not sure 'subtypes' could be ICMP codes, but in case it is indeed,
iptables 1.2.7a help shows:

# iptables -p icmp --help
[...]
ICMP v1.2.7a options:
 --icmp-type [!] typename       match icmp type
                                (or numeric type or type/code)

So, I guess you could say for instance

iptables -A INPUT -p icmp -m icmp --icmp-type 3/0 -j ACCEPT

if you would like to accept ICMP traffic of type 3 (Destination
Unreachable) and code 0 (Destination Net Unreachable).

HTH

Andre

--
Andre Oliveira da Costa