Re: (no subject)

On Fri, 2003-01-24 at 13:06, Raymond Leach wrote:
> AFAIK most *nix's support it... Solaris does.
>
> On Fri, 2003-01-24 at 12:18, Blesson Paul wrote:
> > Hi all
> >          Is IPTables are only supported by linux. Which of the OS's support
> > IPTables
> > regards
> > Blesson Paul
> >
> > Blesson Paul,

I was under the impresssion that you need to be using the kernel-space
NetFilter mechanism to be able to use the user-space IPTables utilities,
and that NetFilter is present only in Linux 2.4+ kernels. I was not
aware that it has been ported to the Solaris OS. Unless you are talking
on Linux OS running on Sun hardware.

--
Ranjeet Shetye
Senior Software Engineer

The views, opinions, and judgements expressed in this message are solely
those of
the author. The message contents have not been reviewed or approved by
Zultys.