-m recent

Has anyone here had any luck with this?

It's logging the ip and ttl etc etc in the file it's supposed to, but the --update -j DROP rule I'm using doesn't seem to have any effect.

Here's a snip of rules from my script that I've been using to test with. I've put them in the same order as they appear in the script. It's not the entire script(of coarse) and I'm matching to icmp packets just to test with.

iptables -A INPUT -i eth0 -p all -m recent --name icmps --update -j DROP

iptables -N icmps
iptables -A INPUT -i eth0 -p icmp -j icmps
iptables -A icmps -m recent --name icmps --set -j DROP
iptables -A icmps -j DROP

Thanks in advance.