Re: DNS

I am experiencing a similar sort of thing, I am using the 2.4.20 kernel.

I put logging everywhere and also tcpdumped my interfaces and what I
found was that as soon at the PREROUTING DNAT rule was reached the
packet disappeared. It was not forwarded and certainly didn't reach the
internal server.

My rules are (I am trying HTTP, "dot" is my public interface)

$IPTABLES -t nat -A PREROUTING -i dot -p tcp --dport 80 -j DNAT --to
192.168.1.1:80

and

$IPTABLES -t filter -A FORWARD -i dot -o eth1 -p tcp --dport 80 -j
ACCEPT

I look forward to hearing any advice to further debug this situation or
if the solution is obvious then please let me (us) know.

btw. I am forwarding local traffic out successfully.

Regards,

Peter Johnson

--

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach him to use the Net
and he won't bother you for weeks.