Re: patching iptables - how?

On Thursday 09 January 2003 06:16, Mladen Meduric wrote:
> Hi all,
> just joined the list.
> Pretty new to linux/iptables (on SuSE8.0). I'm trying to patch from 1.2.5
> to 1.2.6a and then to 1.2.7a.
> Do have all patches. Tried "patch" command, but I seem can't figure it out
> properly. Would someone explain how to do this in couple of steps, please?
> Also, from reading other articles, after patching up or reinstalling
> iptables from scratch, is it necessary to recompile the kernel?

Hello,

If all you want is to apply the patches from patch-o-matic (especially the extensions), you can
have a look at the netfilter-extension-HOWTO:
http://www.netfilter.org/documentation/HOWTO/netfilter-extensions-HOWTO.html
there is a little paragraph explaining how to use p-o-m.
For upgrading your iptables only, see the reply from Athan.

Have a nice day,

Fabrice.
--
Fabrice MARIE

"Silly hacker, root is for administrators"
       -Unknown