Re: patching iptables - how?

On Wed, Jan 08, 2003 at 10:16:16PM +0000, Mladen Meduric wrote:
> Pretty new to linux/iptables (on SuSE8.0). I'm trying to patch from 1.2.5
> to 1.2.6a and then to 1.2.7a.

  It would probably be easier to just grab the tar ball of 1.2.7a:

	http://www.netfilter.org/downloads.html#1.2.7a

> Do have all patches. Tried "patch" command, but I seem can't figure it out
> properly. Would someone explain how to do this in couple of steps, please?
> Also, from reading other articles, after patching up or reinstalling
> iptables from scratch, is it necessary to recompile the kernel?

  Depends what features you're trying to make use of.  What's your
current kernel version (uname -r) ?

  The only thing I've personally found not working on 2.4.20 is ECN
mangle'ing for which you need this patch to the kernel:

	http://www.netfilter.org/documentation/pomlist/pom-pending.html#05_ECN-tcpchecksum-littleendian-fix

HTH,

-Ath
-Ath