Re: OT: curious about eth0/eth1

> Again.. I am just curious as to why some do it one way.. and some the
> other... the above is only MY opinion, and could be dreadfully wrong :)
Well, i never care for which is internal or external, sometimes i set up
eth1 as external, sometimes it's eth0 or ppp0. What is funny,
on my experimentalbox i have the network with default route on eth1, and
eth0 is connected to a roaming port in a 3com corebuilder (== i get a copy
of the whole Internet<->LAN traffic), it's unusual, and i very often have
to reconfigure programs that make this assumption that eth0 is the
Internet interface.
I take it as totally free to choose, and propably random.

Anyway i alwyas refer to interfaces as EXT, INT, not their names.

Regards,
Maciej Soltysiak